Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mindlessly Vacuuming

We’re lucky to have vacuum cleaner, none of our student friends have one – it’s the last thing you want to buy when you’re in this transient lifestyle.  A ‘grownup’ couple that we got to know in Baltimore gave it to us when we were moving here and every single time I vacuum, I think of them and feel grateful.  

The first year we were here, we bought a dustbuster.  That thing kind of worked but somehow we lost the filter and it was useless without it.  In those days our house was more of a room with a bathroom than a house.  The next year we had wooden floors so we kind of got by with sweeping and mopping.  We were given an ancient hoover.  It didn't have a very strong suck and the rugs we had were like Velcro for my hair.    

I recently discovered which plug I can use so that I never have to change plugs and I can vacuum every corner of our house.  It’s the little things that can make me happy.  

plug (NZ) = outlet (US)

No comments:

Post a Comment