Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Brrrrrr...

Oh boy, I was caught off guard when I went out today after being nice and cosy in our little place.  Jbird and I needed to pop out to the shops so we checked the weather to see if the sunny sky and warm apartment were any indication of how cold it was outside.  We are trying to follow Fahrenheit temperatures so that we can converse with people and understand the forecast on the radio.  The internet told us it was 22 degrees.  I figured that meant a little below zero so I put on some long johns and off we went.  I wish I'd also double-socked, tucked in my mittens, wrapped my scarf better and remembered to put up my hood over my hat: that was a cold bike ride!  

The frozen puddles outside our place were a pretty clear indication of what 22 degrees means, had I only noticed them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment