Sunday, July 29, 2012

Who doesn't love free stuff?

Jbird and I certainly do.  On a Sweet Free Stuff note, we have been going into Bluboy Chocolate Cafe and Cakery to get their free mystery cupcake.  I think they're trying to get people into their store over summer while town is quiet.  Unfortunately, we eat the cupcake and leave without making a purchase.  However, I'm sure we'll talk about their cupcakes to others so in a sense they're at least getting free advertising.  They advertise the mystery cupcake on a social network site* which Jbird is signed up to. If you go in and know it's name and there are any left, you become a lucky recipient of a free cupcake.  Today's was Thai Tiger.  Chocolate cake base with Thai green tea buttercream frosting and dark chocolate dribbles.  It was a decadent reason to get out of the house and go on a midday date with my man.

Today cupcake reminded us of Godiva's monthly free chocolate - there was a Godiva in Baltimore but none here.  It seems like such a small gift but I enjoyed mine every month and enjoyed their fancy seasonal creations.  If you're near a Godiva, I suggest you pop in and find out if you can sign up.

*I won't name names, I've advertised them enough recently for someone who is supposedly not an advocate.  Obviously in this case, I have to bite my tongue and take the free stuff advertised.

No comments:

Post a Comment