Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A better description

I have to apologise for yesterday's post.  I was very, very tired and my brain couldn't think clearly.  I don't think I gave a worthy description of the wedding so I will today.  

We had pastries and custard for breakfast.  The custard was baked the night before, a northern tradition. The three host sisters agreed this was a breakfast fit for Christmas morning.  We spent the day out on the lake, Jbird went water-skiing behind a jetski.  And he rode the jetski.  The boys played frisbee football.  I think it might have been Jbird's perfect kind of day.  The ceremony itself was very very simple - nine minutes long, conducted in the living room.  There was a little wee flower girl with chubby chubby legs who sat very quietly when she needed to and stole the show afterwards with her cuteness. I was completely under dressed.   The bride didn't know she had a bouquet so she didn't hold it but it was pretty in the photos.  They opened a few presents.   We toasted with champagne.  We had wedding cake(s), huge American-sized (beef) steaks on the grill, and smores around a campfire.  The other cake (the one I didn't make) was a creamy mocha chocolate creation and dedicated to both the wedding couple and a sister who was having a birthday.   It was a great way to have a wedding.  If only the groom's entire family could have been there, it would have been perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment