Thursday, July 19, 2012

Yet another grumper of a day

I had an inexplicably grumpy day yesterday.  I was a fire breathing dragon, ready to flame.*  Nothing felt right or good.  Perhaps it was the Weird Muggy Weather - my frizzy hair certainly noticed it.  Or the feeling like I am writing the Essay That Will Never End.  Or the Looming Wedding which I want to feel excited about but am finding it hard to.  Poor Jbird felt the flames when I discovered him enjoying some watermelon I'd mentally intended to take to a someone's for dinner.  For me, it felt like the end of the world.  

I'm glad today is a new day, bright and fresh, and Jbird seems happy enough to let me make amends.  I'll buy more watermelon, darling, I'm sorry for snapping - though I know you heard about more than just the watermelon. 

* Speaking of fire breathing dragons, I cannot wait for the return of Game of Thrones.  The dragons were my very favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment