Wednesday, July 4, 2012

236 Years Later

It's my first Independence Day in America and we're going to a cook-out at our friends' tonight to celebrate.  We're having ribs.  Yum.  Remember that scene in the opening song of the Flintstones where Fred gets (dinosaur) ribs at the drive-thru and their car topples over?  Well, they won't be that big but they'll be close.  Thank you America: for knowing meat.  I'm taking Strawberry Shortcake as it feels like such a summery, picnic-type dessert.  

Unfortunately the weather has been so dry that people are being strongly advised not to use fireworks - the words fire ban have been thrown around.  The grass has turned to hay so I'm not surprised.  I hear the fireworks people are suing - I'm not exactly sure who - and only the State can make the fire ban a law, which they haven't yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment