Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Anniversary to us

It's three years today since our wedding day and we're celebrating with food.  Scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, and lovely coffee for breaky.  Lamb chops and new potatoes tonight, with a New Zealand Sav Blanc from Cupcake. Home made strawberry shortcake for dessert.  I have this Julia Child how-to for assembling it and I finally found a real sponge cake recipe which is written for American ingredients - or I think it is.  I used these sponge cake tips. The only thing I feel slightly guilty about is not using cake flour but they turned out very light and fluffy.  I have very high hopes for that dessert.  Jbird tells me I'm an emotional cook...whatever that means.   Maybe it's something to do with loving all things food and getting exciting about making most things food? 

We'll eat out tomorrow night because there's a Thursday night special at our favourite local family restaurant. I was late ordering him a gift so I've got him something small for today while we wait for his pressie to arrive in the post. I'm finally coming out of the essay writing duldrums and Jbird's on holiday time so we should have a pretty nice day together.  

It's nice to have a random holiday, all to us.  It's only our third one so we're still getting used to it.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratuations!! What's your favorite restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! D'Angelo's. It's not the fanciest place in town but there's an $8 menu on Thursdays AND half price beer (=$2 stella, my fav), so we spend less than $20 INCLUDING TIP. We love the Calzone, it's not all about the great deal!! Anyways, we've decided to go to the ECC fellowship dinner tomorrow night so we're putting it off until next Thursday. Ahhhhh...the anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh my whole fam LOVES that place! It's one of our faves! :)

    ReplyDelete