Monday, May 28, 2012

All that I can bear

Even though I have complained a lot about our never ending winters over the passed three years due to hemisphere-hopping, and I should be incredibly grateful to finally enjoy a full summer, I reserve the right to find this heat uncomfortable.  

Though we try not to run our AC for economic and environmental reasons, I have found myself becoming quite emotional the passed few hot afternoons, and have turned it on for sanity's sake.  This was despite frequent trips to the pool, sitting next to the fan, and icy water.  It seems hotter than Bangladesh but I know this can't be true.  I think my apartment there was better suited to the heat.  It was closer to the equater so the sun didn't hit the windows at an angle, was on the 4th floor and it got a lot of wind, had ceiling and floor fans everywhere, and cool marble floors.  In Bangladesh it rains every day which helps the temperature to drop.  We have not seen rain here for over a week.  Perhaps I was also more tolerant as I left the house regularly for work.

I would just like the temperature to drop a bit.  I have things to do and people to be nice to.  Maybe it's time to start having cold baths.

No comments:

Post a Comment