Thursday, May 31, 2012

There's a party in my yard

We have visiting chipmunk, bunnies, and birds galore.  So far the chipmunk seems to cause the most damage - it's a pity, because he is the cutest little thing.  There are two sections to our garden, one follows a side wall of our apartment that we can't see.  It is south facing and I had high hopes for my tomato crop as they did well there last year.  Up until now, this was the most frequently visited area by the chipmunk.  Baby sunflowers and tomato seedlings were obliterated.  He had a good dig around our spring lettuce too, but they weren't really to his liking.

The other section of garden is by our front door.  It has a lot of produce, tomatoes, carrots, beans, peas, squash, cucumber, watermelon, cantaloupe, sunflowers, broccoli, ever-bearing strawberries, herbs, and a few flowers.  When I popped my head out this morning, all of the above mentioned animals were chilling on the grass.  They fled but Mr. Chipmunk has evidently found this garden.  There were several cavity dug and he may have eaten a carrot.  I am Farmer Brown, Mr. C., beware.

4 comments:

  1. Omg. You are basically Snow White. This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO, Xpiotiva, FARMER BROWN (bang bang)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it weird to have chipmunks running around? Like out of a children's book - an American one obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, it is. The Disney movies make a lot more sense here! I'd never really seen any chipmunks before I got to Indiana. (those little ba******, stay out of my vege patch!!)

    ReplyDelete