Monday, May 14, 2012

Wife of a pianist

Jbird is learning four concertos for next year.  One of them is Mozart's 20th piano concerto.  Just in case you were wondering, he only really learns concertos for competitions.  I never thought about this in my pre-Jbird  life.  Next year, there are three competitions at IU.  The fourth is for an "ad hoc", a student orchestra will accompany him in concert.

I was teasing him the other day: Four concertos, really?  He reply was: One of them's Mozart, Annabel.  You know the trick about Mozart?  He writes easy music.  Easy for some! He's madly practising it now, faster than I'd ever be able to play it.  Fancy pants.  Mozart's music is full of pretty runs and trills and normal keys, making for a nice listen.  He sometimes plays 'music' I just about need to leave the house for, it's too loud, or atonal, or just annoying.  The Beethoven sonata he played for his last recital has the most repetivite rondo, I felt like he was a stuck record.  Such is the journey.  I'm looking forward to all the concerts, wish you could be here.

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to let me know the dates of the concerts. Maybe R & I can sneak a date night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do, it'd be neat to have you there.

    ReplyDelete