Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Grumpy grump grump grump...mmmm...cream

I was feeling really grumpy and hot the other day.  I know this is going to happen a lot, even though I spend all winter dreaming about summer.  At least I never dream about winter during the summer, just the ocean.

To force myself out of the grumps, I decided to get out of the house.  So I biked off to Target where I enviously watched a girl leave the store with an icy Starbucks frappuccino in her hands.  It was then that I reminded myself that I am allowed to turn the AC on at home if I want to, it's my own stubborn budgeting that stops me from doing so, AND I can make a perfectly decent frappuccino at home any time I want for a fraction of the price.   So I high-tailed it out of there and did just that.  

Normally my home made ones aren't as good as store bought ones because I don't want to add nearly as much milk, cream, chocolate sauce, or sugar.  That particular day I thought "Stuff it, I'm doing it" and did. Whipped cream and chocolate sauce topping and everything.

Here's the recipe I used, you can play around with amounts to suit you, including the type of milk you choose to add.  I put in 2% (light blue in NZ) and it was pretttty creamy and delicious.  I'm thinking of freezing some milk into ice cubes to make it an even thicker icy consistency after blending.

Like store-bought frappuccino:
One shot double strength espresso
1.5 Cups ice
2 tbspns sugar or chocolate syrup for mocha (you only need this much if you want it to be as sweet as they give it to you).
1/2 Cup milk (most recipes suggest 3/4 C)

Blend above ingredients

Topping: whipped cream and chocolate syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment