Sunday, July 15, 2012

An unexpected expected wedding

My brother is getting married in Kalamazoo, Michigan, on Saturday.  Surprised?  Me too.  We've been waiting to hear the date for a while but we all thought there would be more time than a week to prepare.  Unfortunately, it means my family will not be able to attend.  Instead, they will view it via the amazing faculties of the interweb. I was selfishly looking forward to their physical visit as I would have been able to show them around our little town too, but I'm trying to be grown up about it all and enjoy the celebration.  It's amazing really, our friends told us they could lend us their car next week.  I thought: oh well, we're really too busy to make use of it but we won't say no.  Then my brother told us we could visit that weekend.  Then he told us it would be for their wedding.  So it has worked out well - for us, at least.  I'm sure there will be more wedding related posts to come.

2 comments:

  1. woosa, thanks for the update! What a crazy fella. so glad you can represent though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I am glad!!! Ugh. The family politics are DYNAMIC at the moment. But maybe this isn't the space to go into that!

    ReplyDelete