Monday, July 23, 2012

I wore white to the wedding

We arrived back late last night, tired and sunburnt.  I wonder if you could tell from some posts last week that I wasn't exactly looking forward to our trip to Michigan.  I don't like not knowing what to expect and I hadn't known what to expect.  So much so that I put no thought at all into what I would wear to the ceremony when I was packing.  I ended up in an everyday outfit.  It was white.  The bride hadn't thought she'd wear white but she did.  Woops.  Oh well, I'm not in many photos.  I hope.  All three kiwis wore shorts and bare feet, the groom included, although his shorts were very smart.

Skyping the wedding to New Zealand didn't work, the screen froze on an image of  the ceiling and somebody's forehead.  I expected this of skype so Jbird also filmed it and will edit together a video to send home.  He makes nice videos.  

The fruitcake turned out great.  I think it was one of the best I've ever made and am thankful I bought cake flour.  I was informed that in the US, the grooms' cake was traditionally a fruit cake, so it wasn't so unusual after all.  It wasn't pretty but it was enjoyed.

2 comments: