Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Dirty Life

My intended personal reading list looks something like this: The sociology of teaching, The democratic school, and What teachers need to know about assessment.  My cousin-in-law recommended The dirty life by Kristin Kimball.  It somehow snuck its way to top of my pile and those other books have been put on hold because I haven't been able to put this one down.  

It's about a city slicker who marries a farmer, seemingly on a wim, and their life as they set up a farm of the most idealistic variety.   Everything's organic, they use horse power, and plan to provide their members with everything they need so that they need never visit a grocery store.  It's a hard life, they work long hours, have no money, cook only delicious sounding meals, and love the land intensely.  

It's dirty and makes me want to grow things and own cattle and chickens.  If only my wee vege patch were acres and acres of land instead of just 7 square metres...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete