Thursday, August 30, 2012

Spring break?

I'm on spring break!  Confused?  Did I ever tell you to turn the world upside down and you'd be able to understand NZ's seasons?  Then you will also have to remember that I'm studying through a NZ university.  I'm having a home-vacation where I don't allow myself to feel guilty when I'm not studying, and I do much less study each day than I normally do.  In fact, I did none at all on Tuesday...until the evening.  But I don't have a novel to read so I had to read something before I went to sleep, and it's an interesting book, even if it is for a class - Preparing Teachers for the Changing World.  Very insightful.  

The thing is, I'm so close to finishing, I'm not sure that I need a proper holiday as I will be on an endless, no-end-in-sight holiday soon enough.  Of the type that will not quite kill me.  Or perhaps I'll be able to handle it this time around, we'll see.  

Yesterday I popped some popcorn and dragged Jbird along to the movies to see Hit and Run.  I quite liked the fast cars and the silly jokes.  Next week I want to see The Campaign which I expect to be a true replica of an American Campaign.  I've also been baking, seeing friends for coffee, and if you're looking for me, you'll probably find me on the couch watching telly. 

2 comments:

  1. I still have a hard time with the upside down season thing here in Brazil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I have made a swap with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete