Sunday, August 12, 2012

Gullible or...

There is a man that has knocked on our door twice selling a magnificent cleaning product.  Maybe its' magnificent, he wasn't very convincing.  It supposedly removes ink from cloth, he showed me himself, but I can't be sure that was a true ink pen he used.  He's really pathetic, I even wonder if he's homeless.  I can tell he's been told 'no thanks' many times by the way he turns to leave after every few words.  

The first time it was easy, I had students arriving and I could say "sorry, I'm busy" and close the door.  But the second time I was stuck.  He remembered me as the music teacher, his daughter even plays viola*.  I also happened to have stain remover on my grocery list.  Lastly, his product has only a small number of ingredients in it, one of them being citrus.  They were all the criteria I had in my head, I had no excuses.  The only issue is his product was rather pricey, although it's meant to be concentrate.  Jbird says he's a great sales man.  I say we don't give enough money away to people in need.  I'd much rather pay this sad man than one standing at the lights with a sign.  Anyway, I really do need a stain remover, I'm sick of not quite being able to get stains out of clothes with my baking soda recipe.  I hope he uses the money well.

*I didn't tell him that I play the viola before he told me that, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment