Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The sale of a car

My parents have been storing Jbird's Toyota Corolla in their garage since we've been here - we sold my Ford Festiva to my mum before we left.  We used Jbird's Toyota the first summer we went home but didn't want to bother registering it and getting its WoF* the next summer.  My parents were about ready to get their garage back so Jbird's parents tidied it up recently and sold it for a nice little sum.  That was pretty nice of them if you ask me.  Now we're officially car-less.

We're not stuff-less though, we have a lot of stuff.  We have a house full of furniture and items here, and another garage full of items at Jbird's parents place.  Two beds here, two beds there, a viola here, a viola there, a piano here, a grand piano there.  I feel like a double person.  I like all the stuff in NZ more, it has more sentimental value, items from when I was a little girl, all our wedding presents, and my own viola which is special to me.  The stuff here is perfectly comfortable and functional, but I would say it doesn't really tie me here.  I could pack up and leave tomorrow and not be very devastated about leaving most of it behind. When it gets down to it, though, the stuff in NZ is more pretty, but I'm surviving pretty well without it.  Thanks for storing it all, folks.  I'm going to be a happy girl the day we set up a house in NZ. 

*Warrant of Fitness

1 comment: