Sunday, August 26, 2012

A clip from home

I have been indulging in some homesickness, phone calls from two lovely sisters will do that to me.  I'm glad we didn't go home this summer for loads of reasons.  We needed to have a summer and we definitely got one of those this year.  But I am also sad to miss out on my usual NZ injection, where my Kiwi Bank gets all filled up.  Sisters are something I'll never be able to find here.  

Doctor Baby Bev* put me onto a youtube clip which didn't help my homesickness.  Those ever so funny, home grown comedians from Flight of the Conchords wrote a song and did a skit for the Red Nose charity in NZ.  I wish they'd make another season of their show.  The song has the usual smattering of celebrity singers which just seems to make their earnestness even funnier.  Can you imagine Bret's raps sung be actual hip hop artists?  Now you don't need to.  In addition there are some interviews the guys did with some school children to get their lyrics which made me miss teaching in NZ.  The accents kill me.  I shed a few tears after talking to my sisters and a few more after watching this video.

*she's the youngest of us four, a doctor, and 'Bev' is a twisting of her name.

No comments:

Post a Comment