Thursday, August 16, 2012

Boysenberries and chocolate in an icecream

I found a new favourite ice cream this week: boysenberries and chocolate.  I'm not one to measure quantities when I make ice cream.  My basic philosophy is: if you have enough cream or whole milk and it tastes good, it should freeze well. I imagine every ice cream maker will be different, mine is quite small, but I'll give you my approximate measurements.  It's a lovely recipe to make, I dipped my finger in multiple times along the way.

1 cup of full cream
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
sugar to taste (um....I used 3/4 of a 1/2 cup = 3/8 of a cup)
2 cups boysenberries (frozen or fresh)

1. Combine the first three ingredients and whisk together (this p.art is fun because the mixture gets lovely and thick like custard)
2. bring to a rolling boil, whisking often (actually, I used a wooden spoon)
3. take off heat, add boysenberries, let sit (I enjoyed giving them a mush into the custard)
4. blend until smooth
5. I pushed it through a sieve and it came out beautifully smooth, but you don't have to.  If you don't mind seeds.
6. Put in icecream maker and freeze as directed

5 comments:

  1. I have finally found your blog anna. Ice cream sounds yummy. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream was delicious. I will have to make it with raspberries next time. Just to see. Andy and Nicole were here to eat it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmm this sounds phenomenal!!

    ReplyDelete