Thursday, August 9, 2012

A view of home

I watched a couple of these NZ ads.  They're narrated by our local cult celebrity, and I thought they were nice enough to share.  They're not based on exact truth.  Helicopter rides are not an every day affair, and we don't all live in the South Island (in fact, I think only 1/4 of our population does) surrounded by those gorgeous mountains.  We'd like to, but it would be pricey (to pay for the helicopter rides) and cold (to live that far south).  It doesn't really matter where you are in NZ, the scenery is always very pretty.  Not like here in the States: once you're on a highway, that's basically all you'll see.  Concrete.  And the tips of dry corn or another unknown crop.  I guess that's a fair description of the midwest.  Though I know there is other scenery to behold, our travels just haven't taken us there yet.  Anyway, in my opinion, NZ is always a good view.  I don't think that's the tinted glasses of the homesick speaking either.

No comments:

Post a Comment