Sunday, September 2, 2012

The post-fall shakes

I fell off my bike earlier today and I still feel a little bit shaky.  It definitely took me by surprise.  In lieu of the tornado strong storms we've been expecting, it was drizzling lightly.  As it was the first rain in a while, the roads were extra slick.  I had stopped at a zebra crossing* to assess the situation.  I didn't think a truck saw me so I hesitated but then decided to bike cross anyway.  Feeling a bit sheepish, I never feel as though I have right of way, I was kind of turning in front of the truck when my bike slid out from under me.  I took a leaf out of Jbird's book and successfully rolled to catch my fall.  I wasn't really hurt - my thumb feels a bit tender, and my backside got really wet - but my pride was wounded.  It happened right in front of a crowd of people at the festival we were going to. I'm glad I wasn't wearing a skirt, that would've been worse.

*pedestrian crossing

2 comments:

  1. I slipped over twice last week as soon as I've got over the shock I look around to see if anyone saw it happen very painful physically and emotionally so I felt great sympathy for you Annabel when I read this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was pretty embarrassing. Klutzes, the pair of us!

    ReplyDelete