Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Community garden

I am volunteering at the church's community garden.  All the produce go to those who can't afford to buy groceries.  The garden has a fabulous amount of sun, a fence, and is set in several raised beds, so everything seems to grow much better than in my garden.  And to be of a regular size.  I was excited about my yummy handful of beans but they got a big, heavy bag full.  Their various squash is doing really well, their sage are small bushes.  Their tomatoes are falling over like mine.  It's the tomato plant falling over time of year.  I'm excited about this commitment.  Another excuse to be outdoors is good for my Vitamin D levels.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I wish I had to here to help with my garden! There is so much wedding to do.

    ReplyDelete