Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake and its complimentary cocktail

We were invited to a friend's for strawberry shortcake on Sunday night.  We wanted to take a drink but you can't buy alcohol on Sundays in Indiana so I had me a little think about what we had at home, grabbed that, and concocted a delicious cocktail at his house.  

The items I found were: 12oz of some fancy gingerbeer*, 2 10 oz bottles of tonic water*, a lemon, 12 raspberries, a bottle of gin and a bottle of vodka.  There were four of us, and I had enough to make a pretty nice sized cocktail each.  I gave a squeeze of lemon and a half shot of each of the alcohols to each glass.  In that, I muddled (smashed) the raspberries and then distributed out the sodas to each glass.  They were arguably the best drink I'd had in a long time.  The raspberries made them look a little bit girlie but the three boys I was drinking with savoured them over the next hour.  A lovely compliment to strawberry shortcake.  The strawberry shortcake itself was a variation from mine which I will have to bake some day.  It had a sweet scone as the cake.  Also, it was made by a boy (kudos to him), and was absolutely delicious.  That combined with several round of Pit and some decent piano playing and conversation called for a very successful Sunday evening.  Well, I think it was successful, but I was little chatty Kathy...

* all of these drinks are from single serve bottles, if you don't measure in ounces

No comments:

Post a Comment