Saturday, March 30, 2013

I've got a baby on my brain

...and it's making me all muddle-minded.  Which is a little bit ironic because apparently her brain is growing like crazy right now.  I biked to the pool yesterday and when it was time to leave, I found I had completely forgotten the combination of the bike lock.  A combination I have used so many times I don't even think about it any more.  I had to walk home.  Later that day, I drove into campus for my friend's recital to find that he didn't have a recital at all.  I had fabricated it all.  I find myself walking into a room in our apartment and can't remember why I'm there.  I ask Jbird something and have to re-ask him immediately because I can't remember what he just told me.  If I start doing something while in the middle of another job, I forget about the first job entirely.  This is quite dangerous if I'm baking.  I guess they call this baby brain but I know I've experienced it before when I moved from Bangladesh back to New Zealand and everything was incredibly familiar yet the schema no longer linked together.  Just before we got married, I had so much on my mind it felt as though there was no more room for new information.  I'm just glad I'm not studying right now.  I've found that if I slow everything down I don't forget quite so much.  I know my sister felt like she still had baby brain a few months after her baby was born so I guess have to start carrying a notebook with me and writing everything down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment