Thursday, March 7, 2013

No more sugar: to clarify a little further

On second thoughts, the word 'eradicate' is perhaps a bit severe.  On second thought, I don't think sugar will ever be gone completely from my eating habits.  What I really want to focus on right now is cutting out white sugar.  For example, fruit is often high in sugar but I will eat as much fruit as I like.  My belief is that fruit is good and I plan to keep eating as much as I like - or as much as my budget will allow.  

In the article I linked to yesterday, we hear about 'buying around the edges' of the supermarket.  I already <mostly> do that, but it's the baking I do with these whole ingredients (and all the bags of sugar we buy) that really worries me.  I may need to stop baking.  I could go as far as cutting flour from my diet too, because the starch breaks down almost directly to sugar - but I'm not going to.  My focus is totally on white sugar.  Which is far less severe than some people go in their similar quests.  

No comments:

Post a Comment