Monday, March 25, 2013

Surely it's time to get in the garden


It's late March and the weather has been so cold, I haven't yet even thought about spring crops for the garden.  When I went through the garden labels on this space I was already planting things in early March last year.  

Today we had a bit of a winter storm - at least three inches of snow accumulated.  I hope it's the last.  I know I've said this multiple times but I am completely finished with winter.  I'm over it! It's time for late spring and some nice warmth.  Please.  I want to eat spring lettuce and have fresh herbs to add to my meals.  Besides that, I'd like to retire our winter jackets, hats, and gloves.  Perhaps I should go on strike.  Would the weather listen?

The first photo is from on March 20, 2012 in Indianpolis.  We had 80+ degrees fahrenheit that day.  The second photo was taken this morning, March 25, outside our apartment. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! We're having the exact opposite, except we're all loving it except for the fact we do need some water, all the farm animals and gardens are suffering. But we certainly do love these sunny days, certainly am getting plenty if vitamin D this year! Averaging around 22:24 degrees most days - roll on the summer for you guys!

    ReplyDelete