Sunday, March 3, 2013

Somebody save me from my kitchen

...because at the moment it houses gingerbread biscotti, lemon bars, toasted coconut and chocolate chunk cookies, home-made granola bars, AND triple chocolate home-made brownie.  There's no true excuse for the excessive use of white flour and sugar.  Jbird wanted the brownie for the ice cream we bought.  I did not need to throw in the third chocolate - white chocolate chips - but they were begging to be included  <To be fair it's the first tub of ice-cream we've had since before October so I wanted to make it worth our while>.  The lemon bars came about because I was desperate to try something from my friend's lovely Tartine bakery book I have on loan.  Another friend recommended the gingerbread biscotti and her kitchen lacks proximity to my part of the country and I couldn't help trying it myself.  The home-made granola bars and toasted coconut and chocolate chunk cookies are attempts at 'healthier' yummy snacks.  The latter has the least calories of all, I think, as most of the ingredients consist of dark chocolate and coconut.  If we're calorie counting which we're not, right girls?

A friend of mine has said she particularly craved sweets when she was pregnant with her daughter, and not so with her sons.  Perhaps this is the dilemma I am also facing.  I label it a dilemma merely because I feel guilty a lot of the time.
Somebody come over for coffee and make a dent in all this baking would you, pretty please?

2 comments:

  1. I would love to! They all sound delicious. After first trimester nausea, I am totally back with my sweet tooth. Although to be fair I have always been a candy addict so it may have nothing to do with the pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you're welcome over any time ;-) If this is what it's like for one bubba girl, I can only imagine TWO sitting in my belly, crying for sweets.

      Delete