Friday, April 5, 2013

A rest day

It's been a busy time in the Bird house.  Jbird and Soph played their recital last night so Jbird and I were able to finally take a mini-vacay day today.  He hasn't had a day off in 19 days.  Including Sundays.  This has made me busy as I try to make sure he remembers to eat and not get cross because I'm cleaning cleaning cleaning all the time just to keep up with him.  I've done pretty well with only a few sulks splashed here and there when I felt neglected.  I think they were mostly well concealed sulks too.  The car has helped a lot because my away-from-home-chores are really easy to do now.  I have also had plenty of me-time to swim, bake bread, read, and knit so I can't really complain.  Still, I've been exhausted at the end of each day and often fall asleep before 10pm.
 
Our mini-vacay day was very low key.  We slept until the sun was well up and spent the day doing boring household chores and cleaning up after the recital/reception mess of last night.  It was such a lovely warm and sunny day, I didn't put a sweater on until the sun was nearly down for the first time all year.  Jbird had a quick rehearsal with the orchestra for his concerto in the afternoon so I went for a swim while he did that.  I can't wait for the outdoor pools to open.  We had saved a lovely voucher for a fancy restaurant that Soph gave us for Christmas so we ended the day on a lovely date.  Jbird even wore a collar.  I guess today was a bit of a baby-moon.  I feel so relaxed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment