Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Paparazzi shots of the 34 week belly

These photos are from the other night.  I thought Jbird did a good job at catching an action shot of the belly at 34 weeks in action.  Things are starting to happen a little quickly for my liking, and I feel very unprepared.  Every week  I feel heavier and sorer and my tummy grows noticeably larger - to me at least.  I've started wearing a compression stocking on one leg sometimes to avoid what could become a varicose vein.  I'm still swimming but I've had to start being far more gentle - my energetic mile was proving to be a bit much, making my hips ache at night.  So now I swim 40-60 laps instead of 60-80.  And I swim them gently.  I'm also still biking but only around the corner, nothing more than 5 minutes away.  It feels nice to bike - even though my legs bang into my belly a bit.  Even better than walking, though I'm going to put walking back into my regime now that my yoga class is finishing.  I'm often tired yet I don't sleep well at night.  I think it's a combination of excitement, discomfit, and just plain insomnia.  It's plagued me throughout the pregnancy and I feel that it's very unfair considering the fact that I won't be able to sleep much at all when I'm nursing* through the night.  Or the baby doesn't want to sleep.

*nursing is an American term I prefer to the NZ 'breastfeeding'.  I don't have to say 'breast' to strangers.


No comments:

Post a Comment