Tuesday, December 4, 2012

On my bike again

Now that I have more time on my hands, I'm going to make the effort to create more biking errands rather than avoiding them as I have been doing.  I need the exercise but I find it difficult to exercise without purpose.  I'm also going to try and start swimming at the IU gym but I have to convince Jbird or Soph to take me because they have memberships through their school fees.  

I love biking through the streets here because everyone has gardens and the streets feel nice and quiet and empty.  They are nicely undulating with lots of uphill and lots of downhills, so I'm getting a bit of cardio and a bit of fun.  My most regular bike ride is to the library and back.  It's only about a 20 minute ride there and back but we consider it as being 'on the other side of town'.  That's how small Bloomington is.  My favourite part of this ride is going through Dunn's woods on campus.  These woods are so unlike the bush we have at home.  The tall tall trees display each season so vulnerably on their branches.  They're wintery right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment