Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas cookies

Do we call these Christmas biscuits* at home or do they just not have a name?   

I had some kids I wanted to making gingerbread men for and Soph and I always like to bake biscotti together - although last year I also made it with Kate in NZ - so I got to and spent all day yesterday baking.  I still had to ice and bag the gingerbread men today.  The recipe I used is delicious, using molasses and lots of spices.  The gingerbread men turned out really cute.  They're also gingerbread elves, candy canes, Christmas trees, snow flakes, and snow men.  I've wrapped them up in cookie bags for the kids, as you can see below.  

We made three types of biscotti - almond and lemon dipped in white chocolate, chai-chocolate chip, and cranberry walnut.  The latter is my go-to favourite because of the chewy cranberries.  I've been so busy baking, I've only managed to trial the slightly over-cooked batch of the first recipe.  It went well with a big cup of tea. 

Although I had a really fun afternoon/evening with Soph with some great conversation, I'm exhausted now and I'm glad we're done.  I don't know if I want to see another cookie for a while.

*biscuit is the preferred term for cookie in New Zealand.  At Christmas time, I call them cookies, but I try to keep their NZ name for the rest of the year.  It's getting harder.


No comments:

Post a Comment