Thursday, December 13, 2012

A really good sandwich

There have been many nights of late when I haven't had a clue what to cook for dinner, or even what I felt like eating.  Unfortunately tea and toast doesn't quite cover all the food groups and while it has been my staple in-between meal recently, I can't substitute that for dinner.  Luckily we were taken out unexpectedly for dinner last night so I was able to use the idea I'd had last night for dinner tonight.  One less night to have to have a brilliant idea.

My very favourite thing of all is a really good sandwich.  New Zealanders might even consider these burgers, as these are on burger buns (I broke my sourdough only rule).  However, I've become more accustomed to labelling anything between bread as a sandwich unless it has ground beef (known as 'hamburger' here) which then becomes a burger.  It was a goodie too.  So good we didn't add any sauce at all and were glad to be able to taste so many different flavours.  It had fried aubergine, egg, and bacon with fresh avocado, tomato, that beet root salad I wrote about the other day, and cheese.  Delish.

3 comments:

  1. If I didn't have a hungry family to feed I would probably also get by on toast and tea. As it is now, I can only eat about as much as Lucas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taara - you have too many babies in your belly to fit food! Jbird, that is a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete