Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Oh me, oh my

With the inclination to cook something different and without the creativity to think of what that could be, I have been using my old friend Yummly.com.  In our pantry we had chicken and couscous.  Sounds pretty bland to me.  But I typed those ingredients into the Yummly search bar and they came up with this chicken-broccoli couscous (I used peas instead of broccoli, and it was still delicious) on one occasion and this tangerine barbecue chicken and curry couscous (I used an orange instead of a tangerine) on another.  Actually, I made other minor substitutes but those seem important.  Perhaps because of them I would need to change the names of the dishes.  No matter.  Weirdly, they were both Rachel Ray recipes.  I used to love watching her show but I haven't seen it since we lost cable t.v., three years ago.  Thank you Yummly, for your ability to search for all things tasty.  And thank you Rachel Ray, for incidentally enjoying couscous as much as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment