Thursday, September 12, 2013

First bluegrass festival

This was saved in the drafts.  Perhaps I forgot to click 'publish'?  It was kind of a time sensitive post but I think I'm going to post it anyway because it reminds me of a time when I didn't know BabyBird very well.  Or myself and Jbird as parents.  Life was all different and it kind of hurt and overwhelmed me... 

The Bean Blossom Bill Monroe Bluegrass Festival is on this week and it's just a 30 minute drive from here.  On Sunday afternoon we took the opportunity to expose BabyBird at the primitive age of 2 weeks and 5 days to our favourite American musical genre. She survived it like a champ.  I did too but I was glad to leave the drive home to Jbird while I had a snooze.  Everything takes so much more energy than it used to at the moment.  

It's neat to live in this part of the world when things like this are on.  The accents of the presenters were especially country-Indianaianingly fantastic.  Nothing like a little bluegrass to put a spring in your step.



See how little she was? 


No comments:

Post a Comment