Sunday, September 8, 2013

Clothing swap

I just got back from a clothing swap with a bag full of goodies, a full belly, and my need for social interaction fulfilled.  The first time I attended one of these was shortly pre-wedding.  I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with life and nearly didn't go, particularly because I felt sensitive about giving away clothes I didn't want.  I thought if I don't like something, why would anyone else?  I was so wrong.  I remember someone picking out a skirt I'd bought in Thailand and saying I've always wanted one of these.  I was amazed to find girls were happy with my discards! I still wear the items I got at that swap.  At the time I was sad to be leaving NZ, I felt sure the same kind of thing wouldn't happen here*.  But it does and it did.  And now I have a new wardrobe.  

* Why was I so prejudiced about the States before I moved here? Living here is like living at home.  Except my family's not here.  And. Well...maybe it's just more normal to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment