Tuesday, July 30, 2013

B'more visitors

I remember bemoaning my lack of 'heart' friends who live in close proximity to us after a lovely visit home to New Zealand.  I had only recently moved to Bloomington.  Heart friends are those people you can easily talk to. They know your likes and dislikes and have shared part of your life with you. They can pray with you and cry with you. Distance and time apart doesn't seem to matter in your relationship.  I feel invested in their lives.

We had some guests from Baltimore stay a few nights over the weekend.I would consider these guests 'heart' friends. I met Marie very shortly after moving to Baltimore and she quickly became a very good friend. She met Jeff about a year after that and they were the friends we drove back to Baltimore to attend their wedding for last year.  Marie and I have had some great conversations and I miss her and her sense of fun.  We had a lovely weekend together catching up, meeting their dog Cooper and introducing BabyBird to them.  I am excited to hear about the rest of their road trip out west as far as Denver.  I love knowing them and sharing life with them even though it's at a distance.





No comments:

Post a Comment