Thursday, July 18, 2013

Surprise soup

Tonight we had surprise soup for dinner.  Before I defrosted it I thought it might be some kind of a stew but it turned out to be a spicy chicken pasta soup.  It had a distinct flavour which I can't quite put my finger on.  

It's been so helpful to have these meals frozen in our itty bitty freezer.  They seem never ending though I know they'll be all gone soon enough.  I can't even remember who made this one though I know it was from when mum was here because I remember adding the pasta.  I think we must have made it together with the left overs from a chicken roast.  Tonight's meal was timed perfectly.  Jbird was out playing frisbee and BabyBird extra fussy during dinner-making time.  I was even able to talk to a close friend on the phone while I nursed the baby.  I am aware that I normally rush her in the early evening so that I can check the progress of whatever I have cooking, leading to a fussy baby and a fussy mama.  

No comments:

Post a Comment