Thursday, July 4, 2013

Grabbing summer by the horns

With the arrival of BabyBird came a time of resting.  It was pretty hard for me and I definitely pushed the boundaries of what I should do, probably waylaying my recovery even further.  I didn't mean to but I found myself resenting others that were enjoying their summer while I felt tied to the bed and the couch - to feed our bubba, and because I needed to recover.  About ten days ago I started to feel human again (mostly) with a lovely feeling of energy and ability.   I'm mostly back in the kitchen - not quite making three course meals, but baking bread again and I made Jbird some cookies recently.  I'm able to walk fairly long distances without regretting it.  Most importantly, I feel more comfortable about BabyBird's daily needs and wants and what we can do together.  Yesterday we did five out-of-the-house activities and survived to tell the tale.  Unfortunately, I also have this strange feeling of having blinked and missed something - so much of her newborn-ness has disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment