Sunday, January 6, 2013

Winter warmer - part one

It has been very cold hereWe had that blizzard that gave us a foot of snow over a week ago and a bit more since then which hasn't yet managed to melt.  Jbird and I went for a bike ride just to get out of the house yesterday - best to get moving or I get the winter blues.  It was snowing lightly which was very pretty, but not sticking, so the footpaths were dry and safe to bike on (mostly).  It was so cold, and we'd expended some energy on the bikes, so I felt excused in coming home to make a decadent hot chocolate straight from a 72% dark chocolate bar.  I melted the bar (around 70g) in 450ml milk, heating it to just before boiling.  I probably didn't need to use quite so much chocolate - Jbird thought it was too strong and he normally likes his food flavours far stronger than I do.  It reminded me of something you'd drink at the Chocolate Factory in R. Dahl's famous book.  Rich, creamy, and delicious.  Needless to say, I fell into a deep chocolate coma on the couch shortly afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment