Thursday, January 31, 2013

Surviving winter and relearning a writing habit

There has been a GREAT silence on my end.  Well.  'Great' compared to when I was writing daily, and then five days a week.  But I find without those self-imposed deadlines, it has become much easier to put off writing on any given day for fear that my daily thought isn't interesting enough to post, or because I don't write it at the time of my thought and it fleets away, or perhaps simply because I am in partial hibernation.  

I know I am pushing on hibernation's door because I recently spent two days alternating between reading Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver (recommendable for her portrayal of both human life and relationships, and the migratory habits of the monarch butterfly) and watching the BBC mini-series for both Emma and Pride and Prejudice while knitting.  It wasn't even the weekend. Despite my unwillingness to write, I am still determined not to give this space up.  I recognise that it is an extra item I can add to my daily routine, a commodity supremely important to keeping me out of said hibernation patterns.  

After a brief warm spell - I didn't put my long johns on for two days - I have come out of my dormancy and am ready to move again.   Item number one on the agenda: find a life pattern that will allow us to live in any particular country only during the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment