Monday, January 21, 2013

A small convenience

We don't own a t.v.  We do have two laptops and for a long time, we'd watch the movies I borrow from the library on these.  The sound wasn't great and our dvd players don't always work as they should, especially in hot weather.  Last year we bought a desktop computer with a nice big flat screen and some great speakers off a friend for Christmas which Jbird set up as our media centre.  The computer has all our music on it so we no longer need to fuss around with hard drives and plugging in speakers.  Our viewing and listening experiences have improved considerably.  I often sit and watch movies alone and for a while I was in the habit of using Jbird as my remote: can you turn it up?  It wasn't ideal.  Even if I was close to the computer, the keyboard and mouse sits behind the screen so we'd have to kind of turn the screen and reach around, using the mouse left handed to work it.  For Christmas this year, Jbird bought me a wireless mouse.  My life has changed again for being able to pause a movie or change the volume or choose some different music all from the comfort of our couch, and always in front of the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment