Thursday, January 3, 2013

Little Bird update

We had our first ultrasound yesterday.  It was really exciting to see the baby moving all around inside me, sucking her thumb and wriggling her legs.  Baby's placenta is sitting directly between the outer wall of my belly and the baby which is why I haven't really been feeling kicks.  Or what I have felt is so faint, I didn't think they were kicks at all.  Especially after I told a certain mum-the-midwife I thought I felt a kick around 17 weeks and she told me it was definitely too early.  So then I decided I was just feeling a lot of digestion going on.  Tummy grumblings.  But now that I know they should feel faint, or lower on my abdomen, I can recognise them all the time!  Notice I'm calling her a she? Yes, we're having a little girl!  It was lovely to see everything is tickety-boo - and that there is only one in there, phew!  We're half way there, 20-ish weeks to go.

In the first picture on the left, the baby's head is on the left and she's holding her fists up to her face with her round belly to the rightThe picture next to that shows her head on the left then tummy on right but I'm not sure what else is going on.  The bottom left picture is her profile.  She has the brains of her daddy.  The bottom right picture supposedly shows us she's definitely a girl but I can't make it out at all.  The placenta is the blob above her.  Jbird finally heard her heartbeat at the appointment too.
 

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful news! And a lovely profile pic too! xo

    ReplyDelete