Friday, February 1, 2013

A cold conundrum

We had some snow accumulation last night.  Jbird and I went out to use one of my birthday coupons around 8pm and the frosting over the world was a nice surprise.  It had been snowing most of the day but refused to accumulate while the sun was still up and the wind was blowing.  This morning the sun is bright and it looks gorgeous out.  The weather forecast tells me differently.  It's well below freezing and with a wind chill that lowers the temperature further.  No matter how many times I check the online weather forecast, it refuses to be warmer than that, even later in the day. 

Unfortunately, all my activities have been cancelled and I'm desperate to move - preferably outdoors.   It's probably quite ironic, I'm sure a lot of students and workers have the opposite problem and just want to stay indoors.  But I see three days of indoorsing in my immediate futureI'd also like to deserve a hot chocolate and movie later in the day.  So I'm going to rug up warm and get out there anyway, just walking to the library and back.  I figure if I feel like it's too uncomfortable, I'll turn around and go home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment