Thursday, June 21, 2012

An afternoon at the pool

I spent an afternoon at the pool with the munchkins yesterday.  Their parents had been offered an afternoon on the lake and they couldn't turn it down in this drought weather so I was on duty.  It was pretty fun, watching the girls gain confidence with their swimming teachers.  And to have an excuse not to be reading or trying to write academic type literature.

I had a little I'm in America moment while I was there.  All the life guards were in matching red bikinis and swim shorts.  The baby swim class sang "If you're happy and you know it" in American accents with American lyrics Only slightly different from our own, but different all the same.  

Unfortunately, sun and water makes for tired little girls and there were a few tears over dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment