Monday, June 4, 2012

End of a camera

I bought a little canon point and shoot from Chinatown in NYC on my way to Europe in 2004, 6 months pre-Bangladesh.  It was a nifty little thing, advanced compared to NZ technology.  I proceeded to photograph the heck out of life through my short trip in Europe and two years in Asia, a courtship, engagement, marriage, and move to Baltimore then Bloomington.  We lost the battery charger when we visited Nashville, Tennessee recently, but my snapping had also slowed down to the point where I barely notice the camera is now unusable.

I have been trapped in the most delicious memory lane just now, strolling confidently through folder after folder of photos.  Some of the memories would have been lost without the captured image, even though all together they make up who I am now.  As I wander I use visual cues to remind myself when, what, why.  Hairstyles, people, clothing, all caught at a moment in time, to prove that these things really happened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment