Sunday, November 3, 2013

It's that time of the year again...

Not only has Halloween been and gone - as is made evident by the stores already setting out Christmas decorations - but I have a second Christmas fruit cake in the oven.  And it smells delicious.  This one is a gift for a certain somebody who may or may not read this blog so I can't say his name. Okay, it's my brother, a true lover of Christmas cake.  Jbird loves Christmas cake too so the first is for us.  To be honest, I'm pretty sure he loves anything sweet.  Except for the evil American candy: dots which may or may not be made out of plastic.  They are a definite no-go for him.

So.  Thanksgiving in Michigan, Christmas (and wedding) in Seattle, New Years in Portland, and my birthday in Bloomington.  Then: here I come, Auckland baby!  Note to self: stop counting away the days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment