Thursday, November 14, 2013

What a price

Jbird bought me a pair of $200 winter boots today.  TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS.  We never spend that much on clothes.  Every winter I look and look and look for a pair.  But I don't like any of the shoes in my price range ($50 tops) so I decide that I'll wait until the Black Friday sales*.  Only during the sales, I'm often all caught up in the holidays, travelling and visiting people, and I forget about the boots.  Then my birthday comes in January but I decide that winter is nearly over and I will just make do and I choose something else for my birthday.  So once again I survive the winter with a pair of flats (too cold), some old high leather boots I don't really like (the leather is saggy at the ankles), and a pair of ugly sneakers (they are so ugly).  

But today I got some boots and they are lovely lovely lovely.  I sat around with the babies all day thinking about them sitting at home waiting for me.   And wondering if I hadn't spent too much on a pair of shoes.  When I finally got home I went online and found the same pair for $100 less*.  ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS.  What a discrepancy!  So I bought them and I'll take the other pair back tomorrow.  Phew.  Now I don't feel so bad.  I hope I wear them happily for ever and ever and ever.  We'll see. 

*the most extreme sales day in the US is the day after Thanksgiving, known as Black Friday.  I will do all of my Christmas shopping online at this time as the online sales are normally about a week long. 

*I chose the black pair but the pair I first bought were grey.  Which I may have liked a bit more.  Too bad, it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS IN MY POCKET. 

No comments:

Post a Comment