Thursday, November 21, 2013

It's been half a year

BabyBird is six months today.  I recently watched a few videos from when she was first born and she was so different then.  Her head was huge, her arms skinny, and she had a little pot-belly.  She would sit in her seat all squiggly, moving without meaning to.  My newness at being a mother was obvious in these videos.  When I burp her, I look like I'm  whacking her on the back, and I didn't hold her with the ease that I do now. 

A lot has been going on with her in the last few weeks.  We had a few tricky early mornings with daylight savings but I also think her recent developments were affecting her sleep.  She is very good at getting up on her knees now, though she still moves backwards rather than forwards, but she mostly just rocks up there.  She is able to balance while sitting but only when we place her in the position, and we have to watch her carefully, she also holds herself up in her bath.  However, today I looked over at her after placing her on her tummy and she was sitting on her bottom! She'd got there all by herself, what a surprise, she had a surprised look on her face too. 

We've been slowly introducing her to solids.  Did you see the carrot video?  I introduce a new food to her every four or five days and now she eats egg yolk, steamed carrot and brocolli sticks, peas, cucumber sticks, cooked apple with cinammon, banana, and pear.  I am introducing it all as finger food which is mostly fine except for  banana which is a complete mess.  I had been feeding her in my lap but I got out her high chair in the weekend and she's very good at sitting in it.  In her bumbo, she'd arch her back pretty quickly.  I think being on the floor and far away from all the action was a problem for her.  She will sit in her chair just watching me cook and we have a pretty nice time in the kitchen together.  My sweet, sweet girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment