Sunday, May 5, 2013

A period of rest

Jbird and I are both on 'summer vacation'/waiting for baby mode with all my work finishing and my gym membership ending yesterday.  Things have been go go go for so long that it feels rather strange to come to a sudden stand still.  I even felt a little bit bored today.  I baked cinnamon buns and chocolate soufflé cupcakes, and had friends over for games and dessert to fill the time.  They were also extra relaxed as school finished up for them yesterday.  

We have a week before mum arrives.  We were planning to go on a holiday but I got nervous about travelling and it felt like an expensive thing to do so we will holiday from here instead.  We visited a museum we hadn't been to before yesterday and used a coupon to go out to dinner today.  Hopefully the weather gets warmer and sunny again so we can do some summery activities.  In the meantime, the nursery feels ready and I really only have to pack the hospital bag.  This should be a nice time of quiet before our new arrival - if I can manage to be patient.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Annabel and Justin! It sounds like your well organized, hope you really enjoy and savor this last week of this special season together as a couple, this is it! It will never be the same again! Please enjoy each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. show us the 'after' photo of the baby's room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's organised but it's not decorated at all so I will hold off on the pic for now! Hopefully Mum will help me when she gets here.

    ReplyDelete