Monday, May 27, 2013

I'm a mummy now

As my tummy shrinks, my stitches heal (or I hope they do), and BabyBird becomes more accustomed to her surroundings, I start to lose my memory of before.  The tightly stretched tummy and sleepless nights.  The heavy feeling I had except when swimming: it's all beginning to fade away.  Even the pain of childbirth.  I remember it vividly, but did it really happen to me?  

It has been nice to start using all the items we've been collecting over the past few months.  It was beginning to feel like we had an over abundance of items yet she seems to make use of them all.  Janey (my mother-the-midwife) took her grandbaby for her first walk in the pram yesterday.  And today Janey and I will venture out to do some shopping while Jbird watches BabyBird.  Amongst all the bustle, and with the help of Janey, Jbird and I are slowly learning to make necessary decisions about her needs. 

First walk in the pram

No comments:

Post a Comment